Friday, November 16, 2007

Eye of the Storm

As I mentioned in my last post, I was starting to come apart under the stress that's recently entered my life. Well, in what I now know was a pretty wise act of self-preservation, I asked Sally (my sort-of boss) for some time off work, and she graciously gave it to me. I didn't work Wednesday or Thursday, and I certainly didn't help wash an airplane this morning. Instead, I've been spending the time alternately unwinding and studying, and it's worked wonders for my stress level. My original plan had me back at work on Monday, but Sally keeps telling me I'm more than welcome to take more time if I need it. We'll see where things are at on Monday morning before I make a definite decision. We can always use the extra bit of money my job brings in, but my instrument rating has to have top priority in my life right now. So, we'll see. Thanks, you guys, for praying for me. I'm feeling MUCH better mentally.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Just keep focused, you'll do fine!

Anonymous said...

'Tis good that you're feelin' better :)
~'Lex

Phil Luter said...

Hey, how much more before you can fly home for a visit instead of driving? With your instruments you could fly right through the snow. Or you could play us a tune, or Kara could show you how to use instruments to clean teeth. Instruments are so versatile.

Josh said...

Man, I wish it wasn't so cost-prohibitive to rent a plane and fly to MI. That would be such a good time. Technically, I will probably have my instrument rating by Christmas, so I would, again technically, be able to fly us to MI. Again, though, that's probably the most expensive travel option of all. Unless, of course, some kindly retiree wants to buy me a plane...