Sunday, November 04, 2007

How to Ruin an Afternoon

Step One: Be a hardcore perfectionist.

Step Two: Attempt to plan an IFR cross-country that's well beyond what you've been taught, because you're required to.

Step Three: Finish the planning to the best of your meager abilities, knowing it's not right.

Step Four: Let it really eat away at you that your planning isn't right and there's nothing you can do to improve it.

Step Five: Allow the thought that you purposely took a zero on a term paper, to seep into your already-troubled mind and bother you even more.

Step Six: Go upstairs, put on some old James Taylor music and silently fume, while your spouse and friends are eating cake (in honor of your birthday) and ice cream, and playing games downstairs.

14 comments:

lymanfam said...

Hang in there Josh.

Josh said...

Thanks. I'm trying.

Kelly Glupker said...

Sorry to hear about your rough day. Hope your week is better.

Anonymous said...

When was it your birthday? Happy late birthday!
~'Lex

Josh said...

My birthday is actually tomorrow (Wednesday).

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!! Hope your day is great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, happy birthday day then!
~'Lex

Josh said...

Thanks, Pam and Lex. So far it's a pretty nice birthday.

lymanfam said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!!!!!! Hope you are having a fun day. Take a break to relax a little today okay.

Kelly Glupker said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you and Chris had the same birthday. What are you doing to celebrate?

Josh said...

Thanks, Lyman fam. But it doesn't look like relaxing is in the schedule for today. Gotta study study STUDY!!!

Kelly, it's funny you should ask that. Jen and I agreed that we were only going to celebrate my rebirthday this year, since that matters more to me than my biological birthday. So we celebrated back in April. Then, Jen decided she wants to celebrate my bio b-day, too, so she made a cake on Sunday, and she's making tacos for me tonight. And she bought me some sushi from Safeway last night. I need to order a kneeboard for my instrument flying, so that's going to count as my present from her.

Anonymous said...

Pam AND Lex? Am I two people now? I guess that's down from three, but still... ;)

Josh said...

Actually, the Pam I was talking about is a friend from back in Michigan. Her comment is the one that starts with "pam said..."

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh.
'Lex