Thursday, September 18, 2008

Going Green

I don't think I mentioned it previously, but my headset broke recently. Yup, this close to being done with my pilot training, and my headset decided to give up the ghost. I had Larry, my electronics-savvy friend in the AMT program, try to repair it for me, but he was unable to find the necessary components (apparently, Flightcom uses much-smaller-than-standard components in their products). Since sending the headset to a repair place would have cost me $55 minimum and I only paid $65 for them in the first place, that didn't seem like a great option either. So I wound up withdrawing some cash money from my flight account and buying myself a brand new David Clark headset. I imagine most of you aren't terribly familiar with the name "David Clark" but it's an enormously popular brand of headset, and they're known for their unique green color. In fact, if you ever watch a TV show or movie where people are in a small plane or helicopter, pay attention to their headsets. Chances are the ear cups are a sea green color. If so, they're David Clarks. I spent the extra $15 to get them delivered UPS 2-day air, so they should be delivered to my door tomorrow at some point. I'm looking forward to trying them out on Monday.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Enjoy your new headset! I know it's never fun shelling out money, but hopefully they'll work really great.

Anonymous said...

Josh
Sounds good and good luck with new head set Terry