Friday, April 24, 2009

My Trial

My Airframe practicals begin again tomorrow morning at 9am. Last weekend wasn't too bad at all, and I have a very good chance of completely finishing up and getting my mechanic certificate (well, the temporary one, anyhow) by close-of-business tomorrow. I don't know quite how to explain how I'm feeling right now, except maybe to say that I feel caught between two realities. In one reality, the practicals are small potatoes, hardly worth even thinking about because they're just another step in the path on which God has placed me. They're an unfortunate way to have to spend an entire Saturday, but little more than that. In the other reality, the practicals are the hinge point around which the rest of my future rotates. So much is riding on the outcome of those tests, that I'd be a fool NOT to be nervous. And so I sit in the gap between these two realities, relentlessly buffeted by currents from both, but unable to completely pull myself into either.

If anyone wanted to pray for me tomorrow, I wouldn't object.

1 comments:

chris k said...

I have been praying for you and will continue. Hope all went well today.