Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have you ever been asked a question and you were utterly perplexed as to how to answer, because the only way to answer it properly was to tell a long story, but the asker was only looking for a simple "yes" or "no"? I got asked one of those questions Wednesday night. At the time, I was mercifully saved from attempting to stutter my way through an answer, but I've been thinking about the question since it was asked, and I still have no clue how to answer it simply. What's really funny is that, at a time when I'm absolutely desperate for clear, genuine encouragement in mine and Jen's course, this question was posed to me by a prominent member of our church here, and it only reinforced my perception that our current position is dreadfully misunderstood by so many people around me. While I make a point of not being insulted when people, in ignorance, say or ask offensive things, in truth this question was insulting to me. It hurt.

0 comments: