Thursday, January 14, 2010

Restoration

God's been doing big stuff in my life over the last few weeks. Since 2003 I've had some great ideas about how I was going to serve God in Africa as a pilot/mechanic... but in pursuing those lofty goals, I let my relationship with God slip in a major way. I lost sight of the day-to-day, and that's too high a price, even when what I was trying to buy seems like such a great and noble thing. Since I lost my job in October, I've had all these questions about the future, about work, about whether we'd ever make it on the mission field. I haven't really gotten answers to any of those questions, but just about all of them were prompted by a wrong perspective on things, so the answers don't really matter as much as I thought they did. In point of fact, I've done some growing lately that I wouldn't have done if life had gone the way I thought it should have. And I'm crazy-grateful to God for that growth. Matthew 16:26

3 comments:

Pam said...

amen

Jenny LaBo said...

I second that Amen!

chris k said...

Keeping you both in prayers, and little Nate too.