Saturday, March 31, 2007

(Insert witty title here)

Well, flying didn't happen for me this weekend. Two of our 3 planes are down for maintenance, and another student reserved the third plane for both yesterday and today. That's okay, though. I'm a little disappointed, but also pretty happy that I get to spend the whole weekend with Jen.

We had Erin over for dinner last night, and I grilled up some burgers. They were pretty good. Jenny made her nationally renowned lemon cake, but in cupcake form this time. They're so good!!! We had intended to dye Easter eggs last night after dinner, but we got talking and time got away from us, and then Erin had to go because she's an R.A. and she was on duty last night. So she might come back today and dye eggs with us.

My last day of working at the library was Thursday. Thank God I'm done with that fiasco! It was just a train wreck of a job. I do have an application in with the aviation department, so the next time a student position opens up there, they'll at least consider me.

Today there's a carne asada lunch taking place in town. Last Fall, Jen and I discovered we like carne asada, so we're going into town to buy some for lunch. We also have volunteered to help Erin move, and also help our downstairs neighbor move. No clue whether or not either of them will take us up on our offer. And our Georgia friend, Chris, is a bachelor this weekend (his wife took a short trip back to Georgia), so he might call to set up a play date today (he has an X-Box and a PS2!). Lots of potential activities; let's see if any of them come to pass.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I am so happy that you volunteered to help your neighbors move. I was talking to my friend Ginnie yesterday and she said when they moved here it was just her and her hubby and kids. No neighbors came out to help, say "hi" or anything. That is sad.

Josh said...

I agree. That is sad. We probably haven't been the perfect neighbors, but we try to be helpful and cordial whenever we get the opportunity.

Jenny LaBo said...

Except for the laundry time...then it is survival of the fittest.
Kidding!
Although one of our neighbor folds our laundry sometimes. A little creepy but she means well.