Monday, July 09, 2007

Wasted Semester?

In just a few minutes I'll be heading over to the one-stop to register for my Fall classes: three classes I need to take in order to receive my full financial aid, but don't need for my degree. I still have mixed feelings about this coming semester. On the one hand, it feels like I'm wasting a semester, since I'm not taking anything aviation-related, except for my flying. On the other hand, it will give me a chance to get all caught up before I go after my Flight Instructor certificate. I'm mostly just afraid that I won't commit myself to these classes and I'll hurt my GPA. We'll see, I guess.

2 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Goodness, what's the point of financial aid if it only pays for classes you don't need? Why bother?

Josh said...

I think I wasn't clear in my post. Financial aid would gladly pay for my aviation classes, but my aviation classes were cancelled for Fall, because there were only 2 of us who registered for them. So, since those classes made up 8 of my credits, I was only left with 3 credits for Fall (it would have been 4 credits, but I was advised to drop a one-credit course I'd registered for). So, in order to be a full-time student (and receive the full amount of my financial aid) I had to register for 9 more credits. That's where the non-essential courses come in. Hope that made things a little clearer.