Monday, March 17, 2008

Confession

I need to get something off my chest. It's been bothering me since Saturday afternoon, and I'm hoping that confessing it on my blog will help dispel the guilt. Among the food items being sold at the airshow on Saturday were trays of nachos slathered in hot, gooey, orange cheese sauce. Since my $5 hamburger more or less completely failed to satisfy me, I decided to buy myself some nachos just after Jen and I had found a good spot to set up our chairs for the show. I wandered over to the food booth in question, paid my money and received my pile of nachos and goo. I had taken about 5 steps away from the booth, when a sudden, strong gust of wind (I'm not joking) blew the top chip clean off my pile and right onto the back of a guy in a nice, white tanktop. Of course, this left a hot, gooey, orange ring of cheese on his back, but he didn't seem to notice for the first second or two after impact. I panicked, fearing he would think I had intentionally attacked him with hot nachos, so I put my head down and double-timed it away from him. As I made my escape, I heard voices and such that left me believing he was quickly becoming aware of his situation. I hurried back to my seat and prayed he wasn't following me. As I sat and ate my nachos, though, I started feeling really guilty that I'd ruined this guy's clean, white shirt and hadn't even had the decency to fess up to the man. I'm not sure what I could have done for him, besides apologize and offer to let him throw a nacho back at me, but I still feel terrible about the whole thing. If, through some strange miracle, you were at the Douglas airshow in a white wife-beater and some jerk nailed you in the back with a cheesy corn chip and you're actually reading this, I'm really sorry about your shirt and I swear it was unintentional. If you want me to pay for your shirt, leave me a comment and we'll work out the details.

9 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

THIS IS HILARIOUS!

Jenny LaBo said...

It really is.

Kara said...

THis would only happen to you, Josh. And it makes me really hungry for nachos.

Anonymous said...

You gave me a good laugh, Josh! That sounds like something that would happen to me - only I would have lost it on the spot!!

Glad so much of the pressure is off for the time in the education area. You're doing great!
~Cathy

Josh said...

While I'm glad to give every one a good laugh, I have to admit that I still feel bad about the whole nacho incident. I guess that's life.

Cathy, the pressure of studying is off for now (for a very short while, at least), but now I've got the pressure of flying long, exhausting cross-countries. In aviation, there's always some sort of pressure. It's just a matter of finding it before it kills you.

Anonymous said...

Josh, I appreciate you feeling bad but...I still loose it every time the incident comes to mind. You see, I have this picture in my mind of the other person and of you fleeing - this picture just keeps returning. Maybe it was time for me to have a good laugh - good for us you know.

Anyways, thanks Josh for being so honest even though you still feel bad. That is the part that is good.
~Cathy

Kara said...

So how did your night flight go?

Pam said...

Josh, I think I blew a staple! That was SO FUNNY!! Poor guy, all he wanted to do was watch an air show.....oh well, Life is Hard. I'm still giggling :)

Josh said...

Kara, the night flight went okay. It's always a little bit hard making one flight with a different instructor, because there are all those little quirks on both ends that you don't have time to get used to. So trying to work on night flight while dealing with quirks was a little trying, but I got the okay to do my night solo flight, so I'm good.