Monday, March 03, 2008

Not much of an update...

I don't have much to report since my last post. I got sick again over the weekend, with a slightly scaled-down version of the same thing I was sick with a couple weeks ago. That said, I skipped my flight period this morning. The winds have been pretty ridiculous lately, and today was no exception, so had I actually gone to my flight period I wouldn't have flown anyway. This pushes back the tentative retest schedule Belinda and I had figured out last week. And with the winds as strong and unpredictable as they've been, I'm not sure when, realistically, I'll have an opportunity to get back in the plane with my examiner and finish up that rating. God's timing is perfect, and He's got His hand in this, just like in everything else, so I'm not too concerned about it all. It'll happen when the Lord wants it to, and not a second before then. However, it would be nice if it happened sort of soon, because I want to wrap up my instrument rating before I go get my medical certificate renewed, and I have to do that before the last day of March.

4 comments:

Kara said...

what is a medical certificate? CPR and that sort of thing?

Jenny LaBo said...

No, it basically says that there is nothing that will hinder his flying. Like having a heart attack in flight or being on specific medications that the FAA has blacklisted.

Kara said...

Ohhhhh, now that makes sense. I was trying to imagine him performing CPR while flying... I know he's talented and all, but that it seemed like a bit much.

Joshua said...

Hey Josh! Congratulations on the passing of the oral. I despised my oral, given, I wasn't well prepared. Good luck on the second go at the check ride. I hope everything else is going well. It's nice to finish things up, isn't it? It is all in God's timing. I have come to understand that better lately. Have fun.

Joshua