Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Disapproval

Well, my application for instrument rating was disapproved (that's the proper way of saying I failed my check ride). I have an excuse that I could easily use here to make it look like I was somehow victimized, but the reality is that I made a very foolish mistake that could have been fatal if I'd been by myself in actual instrument weather conditions. So I didn't pass this time. The good news is that I have a sort of "get out of jail free" card that will make it so I only have to redo that part of the check ride that I did wrong. I won't have to redo the oral or any other portions of the flight. In practical terms this means that, when Belinda approves me to retest, I'll get in the plane with my examiner, fly to Libby, do 2 instrument approaches, and come home. That's not so bad. It's really not. And I'm still ALL DONE STUDYING!

6 comments:

Kara said...

I'm sorry you didn't pass, but you don't sound too broken up over it so I won't cry either. I'm glad you just have to redo that one portion, so you can still enjoy your long weekend!

Jenny LaBo said...

I would much rather him learn everything perfectly. I am still crazy proud of my Josh!!!!

Josh said...

Thanks, Jen. I really appreciate that.

Kara,
I could get upset, but what purpose would it serve? Like Jen told me last night, it's better to learn the hard lessons now, than when I'm flying on the mission field.

Kara said...

That Jenny, she is so wise. Just like Yoda.

lymanfam said...

Sorry to hear about your check ride. I'm glad that your still allowing yourself to relax for the weekend.

Josh said...

There's nothing else I can do. Since I need to retake part of the flight portion, there's no way for me to prepare until my flight period on Monday. So I may as well just put it out of my mind and enjoy my newfound freedom.