Sunday, February 24, 2008

Goliath

Despite my posting about it yesterday morning, the reality of my situation didn't actually hit me until last night around bedtime. That's when my smile went away and the anxiety made my guts feel like overactive snakes. I hate getting like this anytime something important is about to happen in my life. I hate being all preoccupied and jittery and moody. I so badly want to just take this in stride, to have the sort of confidence David had when he turned down armor and went to face a giant with a sling and 5 smooth stones. I guess it's all about faith. And I guess I'm seeing how small mine really is.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I know you have the faith, I just wish I knew how you could shut your nerves off. I hate to say this, but I get really jealous of people who seem so calm, cool, and collected in stressful situations. You remind me so much of myself it isn't funny. I'm glad you keep pressing on, we'll keep praying for you.

Josh said...

Thank you, Kara. I really appreciate your sympathy. It's nice to know there are other people like me out there.