Thursday, August 13, 2009

Business Trip

I've hinted at something on Facebook a couple times in the last week or so, and I've told a select few what's going on. I've decided to go ahead and go public with the news, which should save Jen and me the time and effort of having to tell the rest of our peeps on a one-on-one basis. So here's the news: I sent out a half-dozen resumes via e-mail last week. A guy in Idaho e-mailed me back and told me to call him about the job. I called him, and we kind of did an impromptu, informal phone interview. He owns an FBO at a little non-towered airport in southern Idaho and has a staff of 3 or 4 guys who do maintenance on General Aviation airplanes. During our conversation, he mentioned more than once that he'd like to meet me face-to-face, so I decided to use some of my flight account funds to make a weekend trip out to meet him. He told me in no uncertain terms, though, to check with him before I actually buy my ticket, just in case he gave the job away before I could make my way out there. I called him today to see if the position was still open. It is, and he agreed not to hire anyone until after next weekend, and he's looking forward to meeting me next Saturday. So I'm flying out to Idaho next weekend to meet my prospective future boss. I made all my reservations and whatnot today, so I'm set to go. Unfortunately, Jen won't be able to make the trip with me, as she has to work next Friday and Saturday. I'm taking the digital camera with me, though, and I plan to take as many pictures of as many things in Idaho as I possibly can, so she can at least take a photo tour of our potential new home. And now you know.

7 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

You are GREAT!

Kara said...

How exciting!!!!! I want to see the pics, too! I feel like I should have a say. I could make you curtains or something.

Josh said...

Thanks, Jen.

Kara, I'll see about sticking some photos on here or FB, so everyone can enjoy the sights of southern Idaho. But Jen gets to see them first, of course.

Jenny LaBo said...

Curtains would be wonderful
:):)

Pam said...

We've been praying for you all! Praying that God gives you clear direction in this major decision :)

Innocent Smith said...

Hey, I randomly found your blog while checking out fellow Total Truth fans who use blogger. I like your site. I am a seminary student in Chicago, and an aspiring writer with a blog of my own (rjmoeller.com). Check it out some time. Take care.

Josh said...

Hey, man. Welcome. Pleased to meet you.