Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The post that's bound to stir fear in the hearts of loved ones.

I was given some frightening and exciting news this morning. At the end of my lesson Joshua very matter-of-factly informed me that I should expect to fly my stage-check with Belinda sometime next week. That means that on that incedible and horrifying day, I'll fly with Belinda (the assistant chief flight instructor) instead of Joshua. She'll put me through my paces and if she likes what she sees, she'll give her approval. Then, the next time I fly, it will be solo.

In case it didn't sink in for you just then, let me put it another way: It's very possible that sometime next week I'll be making my first solo flight! Holy cow!!! I called my dad to tell him and asked him to tell my mom, too. But he says if he tells her now she won't sleep til after I solo, so he's going to wait til the day before. Probably not a bad idea... unless she's reading this. Hi, mom! You should really try to get some sleep.

1 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Why do you torture your mother so?