Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Got this in an e-mail

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains things better than all the balderdash you hear on TV.

"Let's Say I Break Into Your House"

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house). According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part). If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me. Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America....

6 comments:

Chris said...

This is a great example of what immigration has become in this country. By the way I got some bills for you to pay for me!

Josh said...

You'll have to talk to my wife about those bills. I don't have a job.

Chris said...

I guess I'll just take care of them, I don't really want to burden her anymore!

Anonymous said...

O.K. what are you folks in Arizona going to do to protect your border. We don't seem to have a huge problem with Canadians sneaking in to Michigan to take our jobs. Oh yeah, we don't have any jobs in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, most of us already speak passing Canadian. Maybe thats why we get along with them.

Josh said...

Well, Phil, we have a time-honored practice of dealing with the illegals here, that I think we're going to stick with because it's working so well. See, we don't do anything to increase security along the border. Instead, we sit on our hands simply wait for the illegals to make their way over. Then, to catch them, we waste time, effort, and resources that could have been spent improving security in the first place. Then, after we've caught them, we wag our fingers at them and send them back across the border, refusing to discipline them in any significant way, thus ensuring that they'll try it again. It's great job security for everyone working in border patrol! You wouldn't want all those friendly and helpful border patrol workers to lose their jobs too, would you?

On a serious note, and in reply to your second comment, the insane thing is that the Mexicans on our side of the border, be they legal or otherwise, actually get upset at you if you don't speak their language, despite the fact that 1)WE LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! and 2)ARIZONA JUST VOTED ENGLISH AS OUR OFFICIAL STATE LANGUAGE!!!