Thursday, April 12, 2007

My mom and my father-in-law both commented on my last post, telling me they have been and will continue praying for my safety in the air. Thank you both.

My parents will be arriving in Arizona on Saturday for one week of sunshine and friendly weather, before returning to Michigan (could you hear the disgust in my voice when I said "Michigan"?) on the following Saturday. We plan to show them some of the tourist attractions in southeast Arizona, like Tombstone, that we haven't even been to ourselves yet.

Friday is Jenny's birthday. I've got a special special special super-special birthday date planned for her. I can't give you any more details until after the date, because she has no idea what we'll be doing and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

It's been crazy-windy here all week, so I haven't been in the air since Friday's educational cross-country. I've spent four flight periods in a row, in the simulator. Yesterday I got very frustrated with it. I'm having a lot of difficulty grasping instrument procedures (despite the fact that I passed my instrument rating FAA test yesterday), and it's getting to me. Today is looking like another simulator day, so I've got one last chance this week to do it well.

0 comments: