Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Flying Groupies

While my parents were here, they got 2 opportunities to see me fly. The first day, I was only up long enough to fly 2 patterns because the wind and the turbulence were pretty strong. The second day was better, and I did 5 patterns before I called it quits. Here are some pictures of that second day.



This is me unchaining the airplane. We chain them up when we're not using them, so the wind doesn't flip them over.




This is me taking off, or possibly flying a low approach (I did one to show off a little bit for my parents).



This is me taxiing back in at the end of my flight.



Here I am standing on the wing like a goober, because Jenny was eager to take my picture.


And here I am with my parents and Erin after my flight. Jenny would be in the picture, too, but someone had to snap the picture. I told my mom I'd Photoshop her eyes open, but I don't actually know how to do that. Sorry, mom.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I like to show off for my parents, too. I really liked when they used to come to my band concerts when I played in the Midland Concert Band. Jenny was a faithful attender, too. :)

Jenny LaBo said...

The midland old people loved me! I doubt my parents would be impressed with how I can fill out a FAFSA. However, they are always impressed with Josh's flying. :)

Ben said...

is nate saint every missionary pilot's hero? we just watched the movie "end of the spear", and enjoyed it, although i wish the gospel had been clearer in it. today i listened to a message by steve saint while i was working - very good stuff. have you read nate saint's biography "jungle pilot" by russel hitt? it is excellent. turns out he showed off for his parents all the time. :)

Josh said...

Ben,
I don't really know whether Nate Saint is every missionary pilot's hero. I suppose it's possible.

Jen and I tried our best to watch End of the Spear, but we just couldn't get through it. I think we enjoyed the documentary Beyond the Gates of Splendor so much, that watching a feature-length dramatization of the events just didn't appeal to us. I would, however, recommend the book End of the Spear. Steve Saint is a pretty fair writer.

I read Jungle Pilot over Christmas break and really enjoyed it. It kind of left me feeling like an aviation pretender, though.

Ben said...

reading anything by/about jim elliot or nate saint makes me feel like a pretender.