Friday, May 04, 2007

SPIDER-MAN 3 SPIDER-MAN 3 SPIDER-MAN 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. Now that's out of my system. Wait, no it's not. SPIDER-MAN 3 SPIDER-MAN 3 SPIDER-MAN 3 SPIDER-MAN 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Right. Okay. Better now. As you may or may not have already guessed, Jen and I are going to see Spider-Man 3 today. The theater in Sierra Vista had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 midnight showings last night. Jenny gave me the choice of going alone last night, or waiting til this afternoon and going with her. Hopefully, everyone will still be in work this afternoon, so we won't be crammed into a packed-out theater. Also, we'll get matinee prices (movie tickets are pretty expensive here).

Speaking of Spider-Man, our niece, Mady, is apparently looking for a radioactive spider so she can coax it into biting her and making her into Spider-Girl. On the outside, I laugh and say, "Oh, how silly little children are." On the inside, I'm wondering if she'd let me borrow that spider when she's done with it.

Remember when I first started posting on Blogger, and I was always talking about my training? Well, It's been a while, so I should probably say something about my training. We're in the summer months now, which means two things: wind and turbulence. You can't appreciate the turbulence here unless you've flown in it. Since I, until about a month ago, flew early in the morning, I never had a chance to really experience wind or turbulence. As a result, I'm now trying to get myself accustomed to both, especially during takeoffs and landings. The problem is that I find it very nerve-wracking to take off and land in these conditions, so I usually wimp out after 2 landings. Yesterday, for instance, Erin and I went up. Just after my first takeoff, we hit a wicked bit of turbulence. The nose of the plane started swinging back and forth pretty hard. After two landings, I was ready to call it quits. But then, as I was tying the plane down, I realized I need to stop wimping out and just learn to handle it. As I was debriefing in Erin's office, we talked out that a bit, and she told me during summer break we're going to fly from 12:15 until 3:30 every day. She was sort of kidding, but I told her that would be okay with me. I need to quit being a fairweather pilot and work my way through turbulence and crosswind training.

I was supposed to fly a cross-country this morning, but the forecast was calling for pretty severe winds today, so I decided against attempting to repeat my last cross-country (not the route of flight, but the near-emergency conditions). Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same, so I guess I'll try that flight again next weekend. I really need to get these last two flights knocked out before June 7 so I can take my stage check for commercial stage 1.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Oh I am so excited you get to see Spidey today!! I want to see that and Shrek 3 really bad! I think it's time for a date night.

Anonymous said...

It was really good! I think it was my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to go to the movies and had a good time Love Dad Wilson

Kara said...

That makes me even more excited about it that YOU liked it so much!

Josh said...

Kara,
I also thought it was good. I wouldn't say it was the best of the three, but it was still very good.

Terry,
Thanks. We had a really nice time.