Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jenny asked me to update, so here goes. Assuming the weather forecast doesn't dramatically change overnight (and that the actual weather tomorrow morning turns out something like the forecast), I'm flying one of my last two cross-countries of the semester. I'll be going to Globe, AZ and to Holbrook, AZ. Erin and I flew over to Bisbee-Douglas International this afternoon to get me a little practice landing somewhere other than the college. It was a good learning experience, but also a little frightening. The air does strange things around here when it starts getting hot, and it's very hard to predict just how the air's strangeness is going to affect your airplane. For instance, I was just coming over the end of the runway, maybe 20 or less in the air, getting ready to set down on the runway. Everything was looking good, and then, very suddenly, we hit a weird air pocket that rocked the plane pretty hard. We instantly found outselves swinging sideways. I wound up putting in full throttle and aborting the landing, and everything was fine. But the experience certainly accelerated my heart rate.

Anyhow, please ask God to grant me skill and safety for my cross-country tomorrow morning. Thank you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh
I will have you in my prayers today and will only stop when you say so. Love your father in law Terry