Friday, January 11, 2008

A Note To Those Who Comment Anonymously

While, like most bloggers, I really appreciate it when people take the time to post comments on my posts, it does tend to bother me a little when people choose not to identify themselves in said comments. Though not normally a problem for me, this did happen recently, and I found it troubling mostly in that I think I know the individual's identity (the writing style was extremely similar to someone I used to know) but I have no real way to be certain. Please don't do that; just put your name on it or identify yourself in some other equally clear way. I promise, unless you're unnecessarily mean or vulgar, that I won't delete your comment. Deal?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deal.

Anonymous said...

Who do you think is?

Josh said...

See, that's kind of what I'm talking about. Now you're just being rude. Not cool.

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm sorry, Josh. It's me. I couldn't resist when I read your post. But I can totally relate to your frustration - I get anonymous comments too and it's very annoying (especially when they are telling me off). For the record, this is the FIRST time I have EVER left you an anonymous comment. :)

Josh said...

It's all good, then. Someone who called herself "Daughter of the King" left me a comment a while back, and I think it's an old ex-girlfriend, but I can't be sure. I find it annoying. It's like, "I'm gutsy enough to comment, but I'll be a child about it and not leave my name." Y'know?

Kelly Glupker said...

I KNOW! They are "bold" enough to mouth off but yet too cowardly to take the credit.