Friday, January 26, 2007

Relearning to land...

I just got home from a local solo. I went up and practiced chandelles a bit, but I really wanted to focus on my landings, so I spent alot of the time just doing touch-and-gos. Thanks to the bad landing at BDI last semester and forcing myself over there solo when I really wasn't comfortable with it, I've gotten myself to a point where flaring freaks me out pretty bad. I made myself do 5 landings today, though, and by my final landing I got back to feeling like I know what I'm doing in a cockpit. I talked to Shana (student worker in the aviation dept.) for a minute after I shut down the plane, and she assured me it's normal to have to relearn some things when you've gone a while without flying much. Hopefully, I'm back on track now, or at least closer than I was a week ago.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jOSH
Super job on your flight keep up the practice love Your father in law Terry