Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow job...




Believe it or not, we had a snow day today at school. Jen and I woke up to find several inches of snow on the ground. Flying was out, since the runway was buried and the planes were iced over, so Erin and I met in her office for some briefing. The whole time we were talking, Erin kept getting calls from other instructors and students and the chief and assistant chief flight instructors. Finally, about halfway through our time, she got the official word that school had been cancelled for the day. So we wrapped up our brief, and I walked outside to find Jenny waiting for me. She was very excited, both about the snow (she loves it for some reason) and her unexpected day off work. We walked around campus and took some pictures, then came back home, changed into our pajamas, and drank cocoa. At 10, we watched Price is Right then I made some popcorn in our new stovetop popper (Target; $35 marked down to $8), and we ate corn and played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. All told, it's been a great snow day. Thank God for such an unexpected gift.

P.S. Before I left Erin's office this morning, I asked if they have snow plows here, thinking the school might have one. She looked at me and, totally serious, replied, "I think there's one in Bisbee." Priceless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun morning! I used to watch the Price is Right with my grandma. What memories.

Josh said...

I'm trying to watch it as often as possible, but it just won't be the same when Bob Barker retires.

Josh said...

That should read "BECAUSE it just won't be the same."