Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thwarted!

I just walked over to the aviation building to do my local solo before class. There were no planes for me to take, though. All the Pipers are being used during the flight period, so I'm going to try again in the time slot after class.

As I walked past the ramp to come back home, I heard a student complaining as he was preflighting 2143Y (the plane I always use) because when he flipped the master switch, the gyro didn't start to spool up. In fact, nothing happened at all. I guess Erin and I killed the battery this morning while we were trying to get that plane started. Guess that student's going to have to get a jump from the mechanics if he wants to fly today. Hopefully, that means I'll have a nice, juicy battery in my favorite plane tomorrow morning. Yes! :)

0 comments: