Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Breakfeast. Wow!

I love that commercial.

Anyhow, you're probably waiting with bated breath for another update about my instructor situation (yes, Helen, I'm talking to you). I had my first flight period with Erin today. We didn't go up; we just sat in her office and practiced diversions and ATC communications, but I already like her way better than Darren. She's very knowledgeable and she communicates clearly. The only downside is that she may not be able to fly my X-C redo until next weekend (Nov. 3-4). If that's the case, it's going to mean I only have a little over a month to finish my private certificate. Is that enough time? Yeah, probably. But I liked it alot better when it seemed certain I'd have my certificate by the first week of November. Plus, when I talked to Belinda yesterday, she told me she wanted me to get my X-C stage check done sometime in the next week. That's not going to be possible if I'm not flying the Tucson X-C for another almost two weeks.

But, on the plus side, Erin and I are going to fly a dual local tomorrow, to practice diversions in the air and knock some of the rust off me. Like I said in my last post, I haven't landed a plane myself in over a week. I need to get back up to speed. And Erin said she would at least try to figure out a schedule change that would enable her to fly the X-C with me sometime this week. She's willing to work me into the schedule, and she knows where I'm at in the syllabus. Two more reasons to prefer her to Darren. Things are really looking up!

In other news, I got an e-mail yesterday, informing me that there's been a schedule change for our December trip to Michigan. Now we're going to have an almost 3-hour layover in Chicago on the way to Flint. And on the way back to AZ, our Chicago layover is only going to be 60 minutes. Guess Jen and I had better figure out how to navigate O'Hare during the long layover, so we'll be able to survive the short one. I'm sure it'll help when we finally get our gate information. No reason to worry.

2 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

no worries!
We are going to do great. You are a giant for crying out loud.

Abby said...

Joshua!!! Hey there! It's me, you're old friend Abby. Can you believe it?!! Long time no see!!! I did an internet search to see if I could find you and here I am. Wow, it looks like you're doing great! It's so good to see you're keeping the faith. That's really encouraging :-) Hey, I'd like to hear from you! I just started up this blog thing, so I'll go tell ya about how I'm doing on mine and stop taking up all this space on yours. Write me! AbbyMorf.blogspot.com