Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Update

I left for my 3:15 final exam at 2:30 today, so I'd have time to go talk to Belinda about the instructor situation. And before that, I got a chance to talk to Darren about cross-countries. As it stands, I'll be doing my dual X-Cs with Darren, and my local stuff with Erin Long, who was actually in my short list of instructors I wouldn't mind working with. Turns out all of Joshua's students got split between Erin and a guy named Jorge Sosa (who was in my list of instructors I didn't want to work with), and I got Erin. And even before Joshua's collapsed lung, all the instructors were overbooked with students. So basically, all of the Erin and Sosa flight times are now double-booked, which equals maybe 2 flight periods per week for students who haven't soloed. Since I and Erin's other 6:45 student (Brandon) have both soloed, we're hoping it works as follows: On any given day, at least one of us will be able to solo, which frees Erin up to fly with the other one, should they need dual instruction. If this works as well in real-life as it does in theory, both Brandon and myself will still be able to get our normal number of flight periods per week. Which, in turn, would mean that we'd stay on track and I'll still be able to finish my private certificate before the end of the semester. I feel sorry for those students who haven't soloed yet. This may well result in alot of them getting Incompletes for the semester.

0 comments: