Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Long Flight

That title is sort of a pun, since Erin's last name is Long. Get it? Like, I flew with Erin Long today, so it was a Long flight? No. *sigh* Never mind.

So I flew with Erin for the first time today. And I feel like the time was well spent. She's not as nitpicky as Joshua, but she also didn't micromanage my flight or take the controls away from me, either. We went up and she basically put me through my paces. I did slow flight, turns in slow flight, power-off stalls, and steep turns. We simulated an engine failure and made a power-off landing at the college, then did a short-field takeoff, a normal landing, a normal takeoff, and one more normal landing. She gave me some feedback on my performance, and everything was great. And we're (very) tentatively shooting for Tuesday for my X-C redo. We talked a bit more about it, and I guess it won't truly be a redo. We're going to fly to Tucson, do some touch-and-go's, and come back here. We're cutting the Safford leg right out, since there's no benefit to going back there. That's fine by me. I just need to get it done so I can fly my stage check. The sooner the better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Long' flight...I get it! You're just 'joshin' with us.

Josh said...

Oh, come on! How can you leave a comment like that and NOT give your name? That's just wrong.

Jenny LaBo said...

I bet it was Matt.

Josh said...

Nah, couldn't have been Matt. There was no mention of Andy Jackson.

Anonymous said...

D'OH!! busted.....oh by the way...Andy Jackson!

Jenny LaBo said...

I knew it!!