Thursday, October 12, 2006

Orphan

I flew a local solo today, staying in the traffic pattern and working on some takeoffs and landings. After I got back on the ground, I sat down with Erin (my new instructor) and talked to her a little bit about where I'm at in my training. Since Darren is going to be flying my dual cross-countries with me, Erin is only really my instructor for dual local flight. But to finish my private certificate, I only have about 6 hours of dual instruction left. I still have a couple dual cross-countries and a couple stage checks, but my X-Cs are with Darren, and my stage checks are with Belinda or Mr. Perry (chief flight instructor here). When it comes down to it, there's not much for Erin to do, in regards to my training. So she suggested I just ask Darren to try to work me into his schedule, instead of splitting my time between the two of them. And soo, in the course of a week, I seem to be on my third instructor since we moved to AZ (my eighth since I started flying). I went and talked to Darren about it, and he seemed a little confused about what I was asking of him. Erin was planning to talk to Belinda about it, and we're going to compare notes this afternoon before my class. All I want is some kind of set schedule and one instructor. For what I'm paying to be in this program, I don't think that's too much to ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping this in my prayers, Josh!

Josh said...

Thanks, Cathy. It's a rough situation. I'll be able to let you know how it all went down, come Christmas-time.