Monday, October 30, 2006

Disgusted...

I walked into class today, sat in my usual seat, and was almost instantly handed a stack of photographs by one of my just-out-of-high-school classmates (coincidentally, it's the girl who will be riding back seat on my X-C tomorrow). The photos were of a party she had at her friend's house this past weekend, and starred 5 or 6 of the students in the Cochise College aviation program. And every single person in every single picture was heavily intoxicated. In fact, several of the photos were of one of my under-aged classmates passed out with his head resting on a toilet seat. Apparently, puking took so much out of him that he had to cuddle with the porcelain for a nap.

This absolutely disgusts me. After all the emphasis our instructors have put on being responsible and acting professional, and how important those qualities are, here are half a dozen of my fellow student pilots drinking themselves stupid at a party. And they weren't all private students, just starting out, either; one of them is almost done with the program, and another one is working on his commercial. How very pathetic.

0 comments: