Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm almost at a point where I don't want to post updates anymore, because things are so unstable here. For instance, yesterday I was excited about being Darren's student. But today, I sat through one of his lectures in class, and now I'm wondering how this guy ever got hired as a teacher. It's not that he doesn't know his stuff; it's that he gets nervous or excited or anxious or something, and he talks a mile a minute without composing this thoughts. So half of what he says is wrong until he realizes it five minutes later and tries to correct himself. I've got the almost-photographic memory thing going for me, so it's not too big a deal for me, but I'm kinda starting to feel sorry for the other people in my class. And if he's like that standing in front of a mylar board in a nice, steady classroom, what's he going to be like in a moving airplane? I'm hoping that he was hired because he's an excellent flight instructor, and that teaching class just makes him a wreck.

I'm supposed to fly with him tonight, but it's really windy here and I'm not sure I believe the winds forecast that says it'll die down to manageable levels within the next 90 minutes. I might have to reschedule for tomorrow. All I really want, right now, is to get a chance to fly local with him before Friday morning, when I have to fly a decent-length cross-country flight with him. If he's not up to snuff on flight instruction, I'd like to know about it now instead of when I'm halfway to Tucson. *sigh*

2 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Hang in there Josh. God never said that it would be a smooth process. You are doing a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!